Thursday, November 16, 2006

5th Period Duty!

Every day, after my lunch, I sit in the computer lab 'monitoring' students. Most of them are seniors, working on a project for AP English. Pretty good kids - not much monitoring to do. The lab can also be used by students from various study halls, and this is where the fun comes in.

To my left is a guy who is here every day, playing some online game. Across the lab is a couple who are 'working' every day. I think my job is to prevent them from making puppies. So far, all I have to do is give them my patented teacher look, and they pretend to go back to work until my back is turned again. Some days, I feel like Linda Blair - whipping my head around every few seconds to make sure nothing inappropriate (for the computer lab, anyway) is happening.

Is this a good use of my time? I get paid pretty good money to do this for a half-hour every day.

Sweet.

No comments: