Thursday, November 09, 2006

Parent Conference Night! Woo-Hoo!!

Ok - so here I sit, the lonely Special Education teacher. All around me, teachers are meeting with parents of students. Some are here because a child is failing. Some are here because a teacher is failing. Some are here simply because we invited them to come. I've been waiting for 4 hours and 15 minutes now, and the only visitors I've had are other teachers, asking "You had anyone yet?" I've planned my lessons for next week, and my grading is all done. I have another 45 minutes to go tonight, and 3 hours tomorrow morning. Good news is - we don't have to be here tomorrow until 9, and we can go home at 12. Makes up (in part) for this endless, 12-hour day.

Hey - but the Beta Club fed us dinner, and it was every bit as good as those Baptist Homecoming spreads I got used to down in NC. I'm full as a tick, and gettin' sleepy sitting here at my desk.

Tomorrow, I'm bringing my iPod, full of music, and my laptop to work on some presentations for next week.

Ain't life grand?

No comments: