Monday, February 05, 2007

Bleh to Blessed

Today is a really grumbly day. Very busy. Very cold. I feel as if I'm one of those guys on the old Ed Sullivan Show, who keep tens of plates spinning all at once. Too much to do. Too little time. I keep breaking plates...

On my way home from work today, I needed to stop by the grocery store and pick up several things for the week. All I can think about is getting in, getting my stuff, and getting out quickly. On my way out the door, I meet a cart guy in the parking lot. Automatically, I say "hey, how are you? (not really expecting much response.) He answers "very blessed, thank you!" He then follows me out to the lot, on his way to pick up more carts. As we walk, he tells me how great it is that the days are getting longer. When I stop at my car, he stops as well, and hands me my bags from the cart. The whole time, he's talking about what a great day it is. As he hands me my last bag, he says "I'll put your cart up for you. You got your keys?" When I say I do, he says "Nice talking to you. You have a blessed evening, and stay warm" As he walks away, he stops at another car to help someone else with bags, and to bless a life.

Suddenly, my plates are all spinning once again.

No comments: