Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Home again, home again

The weather forecast for the past few days has been dire - a huge winter storm is on its way, and will dump snow and ice on us for at least 2 days this week. Up until yesterday sometime, the forecast was for this storm to hit sometime last night, and continue through today. I went to bed last night, with the revised forecast ringing in my ears, resigned to going to work today.

When I got up this morning at 5:15, sure enough, there was not a speck of snow or ice. I took my shower, got ready for school, packed my lunch, and made breakfast. As I was getting ready to leave (around 7:00), I picked up the remote to turn off the morning news. Just then, the announcement came that my school system was closed for the day. What? I'm dressed! I put on makeup! I already ate my breakfast, for cripes sake! Jeez...

It's now after noon, and all we have is rain so far. They (meaning the TV weather forecasters) are still saying we're going to get a bunch of ice. We could have gone to school for at least 1/2 day today. Now we're looking at (maybe) being out of school for most of this week. Now we're looking at making up days during Spring break or (heaven forbid) in June.

No comments: