Thursday, February 08, 2007

Where is everybody?

We had a day off school due to snow yesterday. This snow was very different than the storm we had a couple weeks ago. No ice, no freezing. Cavanaugh came yesterday morning and plowed our drive and road, so I was able to get out as early as yesterday after lunch. Even my sorry rear-wheel drive car had no problems.

Because of back roads and such, we have a 2-hour delay this morning. Now, in NC, a 2-hour delay meant the students were 2 hours behind, but teachers were to get in as close to normal opening time as possible. I never liked that unwritten rule too much, but it didnt' come into play very often. So I wasn't sure what time teachers were to report today.

Yeah, it's 8:30, and I'm the only one here on my hall. Evidently, I didn't have to be here until 9:30 - just like the students. Does that mean I get to leave at 2:00?

No comments: