Monday, May 14, 2007

SOL Review

Woo-Hoo! For the next week or so, we are taking SOLs (end of year tests). So, we only have 3 class periods daily while this goes on. That means each class period lasts 2 hours. 2 hours??? Aargh!! Right now, I'm sitting in a 3rd period Earth Science class. We are reviewing for the test, which will be on Thursday. It is 11:15, we've been in here for about 20 minutes, and will be in here until 12:45. Kids eyes are glazing over, heads are on desks, eyes are rolling. It's a lot of fun.

At this time, Mr. D (collaborating teacher) is going over the review presentation. I get to take over in about 15 minutes or so. We are taking turns, mainly because our voices are giving out with all the reviewing. After this class, I get to review the same material with my 8th period class for 2 hours. I already did so with my 2nd period class. Crazy schedule. Crazy days. I did get to eat lunch - at 10:30. I will be starving by 3:00.

On the plus side - we have 17 days of school after today. One month from tomorrow, I will be at the beach. There is light at the end of the tunnel....and it's glinting off the Currituck Sound.

No comments: