Monday, June 04, 2007

A couple of lasts...

Today is the last Monday of the school year, and the last full day of the school year. Yippee-kai-yai-yay! (Yep, that's how you spell it. Look it up, if you don't believe me.)

We are on exam schedule today, which means I had a 2-hour exam class this morning (collaborative class - one student taking the exam, four students in the back playing cards, 2 students reading novels) where I graded final projects for my small groups. Right now, it's 4th period, which is my duty period. Since my duty is nonexistent for exam week, I have 2 hours to accomplish other things. (Like write in this blog.) Then, it's 5th period, which is my lunch and computer lab duty (you guessed it - no computer lab during exams). So, I sit here at 11:40, and I don't have to be anywhere until 2:10. Not a bad gig, if you can get it. I plan on getting my textbooks returned to the book room, and start mucking out my desk. I have 2 hours free tomorrow, as well - along with a 1:00 dismiss time. If all goes well, I will be ready to walk out of here on Friday afternoon - free at last, free at last!!

On a down note - Saturday is predicted to be the hottest day, so far, of the year. In the 90's. For graduation. On the football field. In black robes. {{{{{steam}}}}}

No comments: