Friday, June 08, 2007

Done, done, done!

Today is the last day of school!

I've spent the last week trying to complete the end-of-year checkout list given to us by administration. We need to get all this stuff done, and have various people throughout the building sign off on each task. I think I've walked about 5 miles in the last 2 days, going from person to person getting initials. As of about an hour ago (it's now 10:45) I'm done! My room is cleaned up, my personal stuff is stashed in my classroom cabinet, my files are in my file cabinet, and my desk is cleaned off. The only thing left is a drive-by meeting with a parent, scheduled for 11:00, just to get a signature on some IEP paperwork. Then, we are, as a faculty, supposed to have a 'picnic-style' lunch (whatever that means) at noonish.

An announcement was made this morning that 'today is a regular staff work day, and the expectation is that everyone will be here normal hours of 8:00 to 3:00.' WHAT!?? But I'm DONE!!! I'm hoping that we'll be told at lunch that we are free to leave when we finish our final checkout (which I did, about an hour ago)

Meanwhile, I'm marking time...

No comments: