Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Are you freakin' kidding me???


It's mid-term time. Progress reports went out yesterday. Any student with a 'D' or 'F' in a class at this point in the term has his/her name put on a list, and that list is turned in to the guidance office. What they do with the lists....I have no clue. At any rate, lists are now due to guidance.


This morning, I'm hanging out in the hall (presumably 'on duty') talking with another Earth Science teacher. This is Leah's first year here, but she's really on the ball. Much more organized then I am. She tells me she was stopped by the head ptb on the way to guidance yesterday - taking her list. He looks at her list, and is astonished and perturbed by the number of names on said list. He says to her (and she swears this is not a joke, nor was he sarcastic), 'You know there's an SOL in this course, right?' Her first impulse? Yeah, this is why I like her - 'Really? The hell you say! Why didn't someone tell me this sooner???' She doesn't say this, but does give him a look that evidently leads him to believe she didn't understand his comment. So he says, 'I mean - are they going to pass?' He grabs the list again, and asks. 'How many of these are Earth Science students?' ('cause she also teaches a non-SOL science course) She does ask - 'Does it matter?' PTB looks at her like she's lost her mind, and careens off - looking for his next victim.


(picture me - digging through piles of manure....)

No comments: