Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What language do you bark?


Dave uploaded some pictures the other day from his trip to Athens. I promised my students at the beginning of the school year that I would keep them updated on his travels, and share the pictures and stories (that were G-rated) of his year in Germany.
Today, I show this picture of downtown Athens. I really like the composition of the picture, with the sleeping dog in the foreground. Very cool. One of my seniors asks the question, "When a dog in Greece barks, does he bark in Greek?" Good question!? That leads to a lively discussion of how dogs in different countries might bark. The winner is the student who proceeds to bark in Spanish, rolling his 'r's as he barks "Roof, roof". Priceless.
On another note: The other day, Suzanne's son (a freshman) comes up to her in the hall. He asks, "Mom, do want some bread?" and pulls a baguette out of his coat pocket, breaks off a hunk, and hands it to her. I ask if he's going to pull a fish out of the other pocket as he walks away. A few seconds later, he comes back and says, "That was pretty funny!"
I guess you had to be there...

No comments: